Does anybody know please?

Got a computer problem? Post it here....somebody may have the answer!!
kagsyturner
Site Admin

Does anybody know please?

Post by kagsyturner » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:07 pm

I keep getting the message coming up saying my virtual memory is low :? No idea what that means :oops: Have gone on to my add and remove programmes to see if there is stuff that i can get rid of, I seem to have an awful lot of Java stuff on there Java Update 5, Java Update 6 etc all the way up to 10 and then the J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update from about 6 to 11, is it safe to get rid of any? Or is there something else i can do to free up memory?

Many thanks :notworthy: :notworthy:
DO YOU NEED A WII??Then go for one here!!!

BobMason

Re: Does anybody know please?

Post by BobMason » Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:38 am

Hi Kagsy

Before I can answer this one I need to know which operating system you are on as the instructions for setting the paging file (virtual memory) are slightly different in each version of Windows.

If it would help PM me and I will reply by email as this is not a procedure for a beginner

Bob
When it comes to computers, I believe there is no such thing as a SILLY QUESTION :D

UKwins
Site Admin

Re: Does anybody know please?

Post by UKwins » Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:19 pm

Personally I would check what programs you have running as opposed to increasing the pagefile...
You will probably be very surprised what's running in the background..

If you CTRL+ALT+DEL to open your task manager
then click on the processes tab
then click on the memory column to bring the biggest memory takers to the top...
have a look down the top 10...
and if you want - email me, (or Bob) who I'm sure will be able to see what it is...
email us the list ..... (or pm)
--------
Craig - Follow UKwins on Twitter: http://twitter.com/UKwins" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."