Bob plzz help

Got a computer problem? Post it here....somebody may have the answer!!
pudsey

Bob plzz help

Post by pudsey » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:58 am

Ive never had any prombles play on this one site but all iam get lately is this

Error 500--Internal Server Error
From RFC 2068 Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1:
10.5.1 500 Internal Server Error
The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

any idea thanks

kagsyturner
Site Admin

Re: Bob plzz help

Post by kagsyturner » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:10 am

I googled and found this?

Cause
The 500 Internal Server Error is a very general HTTP status code that means something has gone wrong on the web site's server but the server could not be more specific on what the exact problem is.
Resolution
The 500 Internal Server Error is a "server-side" error, meaning the problem is not with your PC or Internet connection but instead is a problem with the web site's server. Even though the issue is not yours to troubleshoot or resolve, there are a few things you can do:
Retry the web page by clicking the refresh/reload button or trying the URL from the address bar again. Even though the 500 Internal Server Error is reporting a general error on the web site's servers and not your computer, the server error may only be temporary. Trying the page again will often be successful.

Haven't seen Bob around for a while, so hope this helps? Gobbledegook to me :oops: :oops:
DO YOU NEED A WII??Then go for one here!!!

BobMason

Post by BobMason » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:40 pm

Error 500 on a web page means a server processing error

Usually it means the that either the code that drives the page is wrong or has become corrupt or the server has gone down and is not accepting processing instructions.

You should try writing a web site, you would get very used to seeing this error message then as the the code that drives the competitions pages is VERY unforgiving. one comma out of place and everything stops working.

I haven't gone away but there have been no computer problems recently. I don't comp - I leave that to Jackie
When it comes to computers, I believe there is no such thing as a SILLY QUESTION :D

pudsey

Post by pudsey » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:28 pm

it sort now bob but ty