Cut and paste

Got a computer problem? Post it here....somebody may have the answer!!
mrswebber

Cut and paste

Post by mrswebber » Tue May 01, 2007 12:52 pm

I'm not very good on computers, so this may sound stupid to you all. :oops:

When I cut and paste something. Then do another one, it replaces the first one, with the second one. Sometimes though, I want to use the first one again, and I've to go away back into the first site, and start the whole process again.

Is there any way to have lots of cut and pastes and is there any way to save them to it, so that when you shut down for the night, they are still there in the morning.

Does this make sense to you, coz if it does, you're a genius. It doesn't even make sense to me. :lol:

smithy

Post by smithy » Tue May 01, 2007 1:55 pm

If you make a Text Pad on your Desktop, you could paste what you want onto it, then save it and you will be able to go back to it whenever you need to.

Just right click on your Desktop, click on New then choose Text Document. You can call it anything you wish, or you can leave the name as New Text Document, then you just need to double click to enter it and paste whatever you want and save the changes when you close it.

Either that, or you can use Word to create a word document and save them, but you need to keep opening the program if you want to view your documents. The text pad way is a bit quicker and easier.

I don't know if there are any programs you can use to save your copy and paste, but there probably are. I find that the Text pad option is pretty simple though.

Hope this helps.

:D

mrswebber

Post by mrswebber » Tue May 01, 2007 2:46 pm

Awww thank's Smithy, that works a dream.

Meant to say to you, I was at Edinburgh the day the Castle was free entry. :lol: I'm cheap, I know, but it's £11 each ordinarily.
Anyway, we had a great time.

smithy

Post by smithy » Tue May 01, 2007 10:33 pm

I answered this earlier, but for some reason it hasn't appeared :shock:

I haven't been to the Castle since I was a wee girl :D

I should really take my wee girl there, but I think I'll wait until the next free day :D

BobMason

Clipboard

Post by BobMason » Wed May 02, 2007 11:28 am

What you both need is a small FREE program called Clipboard extender
http://www.clipmagic.com/

When you cut and paste or copy and paste in Windows you copy to the clipboard. The clipboard in windows will only hold one item at a time. The above program will hold lots and allow you to store links and all sorts of usefull bits

Hope this helps

Bob (Jackie's)

smithy

Post by smithy » Wed May 02, 2007 11:57 am

Thanks Bob. :D

I had a feeling that there was a program to do this, but I didn't know what it was called.

I'll maybe have a look at it later on and see if it's any better than my Text Pad method :D

mrswebber

Post by mrswebber » Wed May 02, 2007 2:13 pm

Thank's for that Bob. I have downloaded it and will give it a try later, when I can get some peace to learn it.